Are you really a Christmas fanatic if you don’t play a little bit of holiday movie trivia as you snow falls over your well-lit, decorated home? Christmas movie trivia is just one of the many ways to get you and your family into the holiday spirit.
Table of Contents
Not only can you pull out some Christmas movie trivia quizzes for a quiet evening at home with the family, but it also makes for a super fun and festive addition to any holiday party.
We have compiled a few lists of the best Christmas movie trivia questions to test your knowledge on holidays classics and newbies alike, so grab a cup of cocoa and your favorite cozy sweater and get ready to quiz!
The Christmas Classics
Our first set of questions touches on all of the Christmas classics. You know the ones – the movies that appear time and time again on every television station from the day after Thanksgiving to Christmas Day itself.
Many of us would like to think that we know everything there is to know about all of the classic holiday films, but these difficult questions might truly test your knowledge.
Let’s dive into these classic but hard Christmas movie trivia questions.
- What is the best-selling Christmas movie of all time?The Grinch (2018)
- Which Cheers actor narrated several Disney Christmas classics, including Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmas and Mickey’s Twice Upon a Christmas?Kelsey Grammer
- What is the name of Ralphie’s father in A Christmas Story?He doesn’t have a name or “The Old Man”
- What object does George promise to give Mary in It’s a Wonderful Life?The moon
- What year did the original Miracle on 34th Street release?1947
- Which network first aired the classic Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer in 1964?NBC
- Who is the antagonist of A Christmas Carol?Ebenezer Scrooge
- Which character does Bing Crosby portray in White Christmas?Captain Bob Wallace
- In Frosty the Snowman, what is the name of the magician?Professor Hinkle
- What are the names of the neighbors in Christmas Vacation?Todd and Margo Chester
- Which department store stocks the Christmas gift that Ralphie wants in A Christmas Story? Bonus: What is the name of the item?Higbee’s; Bonus: Red Ryder Carbine-Action, 200-shot, range-model air rifle
- Where does the 1942 film Holiday Inn take place?Midville, Connecticut
- What is the full name of George Bailey’s guardian angel in It’s a Wonderful Life?Clarence Odbody
- Who is put on trial in Miracle on 34th Street?Santa Claus
Modern Christmas Movies
While many of us have seen the classics, including It’s a Wonderful Life and A Christmas Story, a lot of us also enjoy today’s modern Christmas movies. Let’s show a little bit of holiday spirit with a few quiz questions geared towards Christmas movies from the 2000s and beyond.
- In the 2004 film Christmas with the Kranks, which two well-known actors play the leads?Jamie Lee Curtis and Tim Allen
- How much money does Buddy Hall win by selling a car-lot owner one of his own cars in Deck the Halls?$3,000
- In Elf, what is considered the first rule of The Code of Elves?Treat every day like it’s Christmas
- In the 2008 movie Four Christmases, starring Reese Witherspoon and Vince Vaughn, where does the main couple get trapped during their travels?The San Francisco International Airport
- In the Original How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2000), what gift does Cindy Lou Who give Max?A plate of green eggs and ham
- In The Polar Express, who can hear the bell ring?Only those who truly believe
- Who is the villain in The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause?Jack Frost
- What notable actor plays the voice of the conductor in The Polar Express?Tom Hanks
- What was the name of Santa’s super-sled engine in Elf?The Cringle 3000
- The 2009 animated version of A Christmas Carol features which well-known actor as Ebenezer Scrooge?Jim Carrey
Christmas Movie Music
The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear. Ask Buddy the Elf about holiday spirit, and that’s the answer he’ll give you. Everyone knows the holidays are nothing without Christmas music. And likewise, Christmas movies just don’t reflect the joyous themes without some recognizable holiday melodies.
Our next set of Christmas movie questions focuses on Christmas music found within some of our favorite holiday films. Enjoy!
- What song does Jovie sing in Elf in order to increase Christmas spirit and ultimately save Santa?Santa Claus is Coming to Town
- What is the name of the tune sung by Kermit the Frog on Christmas Eve in The Muppet Christmas Carol?One More Sleep ‘Til Christmas
- Which two songs does everyone sing together at the end of It’s a Wonderful Life?Hark! The Herald Angels Sing and Auld Lang Syne
- What song does Judy Garland sing in Meet Me in St. Louis?Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
- Which Christmas song plays during the end credits of Die Hard?Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow!
- What song does Buddy join in to sing with Jovie which she’s in the shower in Elf?Baby, It’s Cold Outside
- In Home Alone 2, which song is playing as Kevin arrives in New York?All Alone on Christmas
- What Christmas song has appeared the most in movies, according to its IMDB credits?Jingle Bells
- In the song “Frosty the Snowman,” what item brought Frosty to life?An old silk hat
- In what movie did Bing Crosby’s best-selling single “White Christmas” first appear?Holiday Inn
Christmas Movie Quotes
What’s better than watching Christmas movies? Quoting them with your friends and family, of course! Most of us Christmas enthusiasts have seen these movies so many times, we can recite them from beginning to end.
The next set will quiz you with some Christmas movie quote trivia. Let’s see if you’re really the holiday movie expert that you think you are, or whether you need to spend some more time watching.
Read the following quotes and identify the movie from which they come. For bonus points, name the character who said the quote.
- “You’ll shoot your eye out, kid.”A Christmas Story (The Mall Santa)
- “I passed through the seven levels of the Candy Cane forest, through the sea of swirly-twirly gumdrops, and then I walked through the Lincoln Tunnel.”Elf (Buddy the Elf)
- “I never thought it was such a bad little tree. It’s not bad at all, really. Maybe it just needs a little love.”A Charlie Brown Christmas (Linus)
- “This bell is a wonderful symbol of the spirit of Christmas, as am I. Just remember, the true spirit of Christmas lies in your heart.”The Polar Express (Santa Claus)
- “I made my family disappear.”Home Alone (Kevin McCallister)
- “Oh, Christmas isn’t just a day, it’s a frame of mind… and that’s what’s been changing. That’s why I’m glad I’m here, maybe I can do something about it.”Miracle on 34th Street (Kris Kringle)
- “Teacher says, every time a bell rings an angel gets his wings.”It’s a Wonderful Life (Zuzu Bailey)
- “You’re skipping Christmas! Isn’t that against the law?”Christmas with the Kranks (Spike Frohmeyer)
- “Fra-gee-leh! It must be Italian!”A Christmas Story (The Old Man)
- “Merry Christmas, you filthy animal!”Home Alone 1 & 2 (Kevin McCallister)
- “The best way to spread Christmas Cheer is singing loud for all to hear.”Elf (Buddy the Elf)
- “Seeing is believing, but sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can’t see”The Polar Express (The Conductor)
- “God bless us, every one!”A Christmas Carol (Tiny Tim)
- “No one’s walking out on this fun, old-fashioned family Christmas.”Christmas Vacation (Clark Griswold)
- “There’s a certain magic that comes with the very first snow. For when the first snow is also a Christmas snow, well, something wonderful is bound to happen.”Frosty the Snowman (Narrator)
- “I will honor Christmas in my heart and try to keep it all the year.”A Christmas Carol (Ebenezer Scrooge)
- “Strange, isn’t it? Each man’s life touches so many other lives. When he isn’t around, he leaves an awful hole, doesn’t he?”It’s a Wonderful Life (Clarence)
- “It was the afternoon of Christmas Eve and Scrooge was conscious of a thousand odors, each one connected with a thousand thoughts and hopes and joys and cares long, long forgotten.”The Muppet Christmas Carol (Kermit the Frog)
- “Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to.”Miracle on 34th Street (Fred Gailey)
- “Rudolph with your nose so bright, won’t you guide my sleigh tonight?”Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Santa Claus)
The Christmas Spirit
With our sets of Christmas trivia questions, you can bring life to any Christmas party or liven up a simple family dinner with the holiday spirit. Test your knowledge and quiz your loved ones during the Christmas season for a little extra fun this year.