One of the best ways to learn new things is by playing trivia. You can gather your friends, family, or even bar patrons and ask some fun questions about anything and everything.
Table of Contents
You can pick questions that range from easy to difficult and make whatever rules you want for your game, as long as you and your group have fun learning something. Below are the best bar trivia questions, happy hour trivia, and pub quiz questions for your next outing.
General Bar Trivia Questions
Let’s test your general knowledge with these basic questions before moving on to more specific topics.
- Who is the longest-reigning English queen?
- What kinds of clouds surround the eye of a hurricane?
- What shape is in the center of the Japanese flag?
- What is the Greek name of the mythological hero Hercules?
- What year did the first Star Wars film come out in theaters?
- Which play did William Shakespeare write specifically for King James I?
- What is the city of Indianapolis’s nickname?
- Which chess piece can move the most spaces in any direction?
- Which racehorse won the Triple Crown in 1973?
- What is the largest technology company in South Korea called?
- In 1903, the first woman ever won the Nobel Prize. What was her name?
- Per capita, what country eats the most chocolate?
- What was the very first soda to be consumed in space?
- What edible food never expires or goes bad?
Pub Trivia Questions
Time to have a good laugh with these pub trivia questions!
- What is the cause of most power outages?
- What drink did the first vending machine dispense?
- What does the average American do 22 times a day?
- Which material was the first ice hockey puck made from?
- Iceland diverted some roads so that drivers do not disturb what creature?
- How long is the Ninety Mile Beach in New Zealand?
- What was the original name for the planet Uranus?
- What food can people use to make dynamite?
- What materials did the costume designers for Game of Thrones use for the Night Watch cloaks?
- What are you afraid of when you have anatidaephobia?
- What do koalas feed their newborns?
- What act did Russia recently introduce as a competitive sport?
- The tongue of a blue whale weighs about the same as which animal?
Science Trivia Questions
Do you think you know how the natural world works? Let’s find out.
- Which scientist proposed that the sun was the center of the universe?
- According to myth, which vegetable should you consume if you want to see better in the dark?
- What do you call a group of crows?
- What does an oncologist study?
- What charge does a neutron have?
- Which psychologist performed a famous experiment involving a dog and a bell?
- How many chambers does the human heart have?
- What was the father of genetics Gregor Mendel’s occupation?
- The Arrector Pili muscles produce which phenomenon in the human body?
- Which sense has the closest link to memory?
- What is the name of Charles Darwin’s theory about mammals with the best genes living on for generations?
- What is the fifth planet from the sun?
- Which state has the most tornadoes on average?
- The Great Barrier Reef is off the coast of which continent?
- Who was the primary scientist on the Manhattan Project?
- Does sound travel faster through air or water?
- What does DNA stand for?
- Will you become taller if you go into space?
Entertainment Trivia Questions
These bar trivia questions will test your knowledge of movies, television, and the arts.
- Until Frozen was released in 2013, what was the highest-grossing animated film of all time?
- Which actress has received the most Oscar nominations?
- Name at least three members of the British comedy group Monty Python
- Where was the Nutcracker ballet first performed?
- In the Peanuts comics, who is Lucy Van Pelt infatuated with?
- Where did Peter Pan first meet Tinker Bell?
- The Wrench, Lead Pipe, Revolver, Candlestick, Knife, and what else are the weapons in the board game Clue?
- Which book begins with the sentence “Marley was dead, to begin with”?
- What is the name of Arya Stark’s sword in the HBO show Game of Thrones?
- In the Disney film Air Bud, what food does Josh use to lure Buddy out of the bushes?
- What is the name of the Salvador Dali painting with the melting watches?
- Which 1970s horror film had the tagline, “In space, no one can hear you scream”?
- What is the only thing that can produce the energy needed to kick-start the Flux Capacitor in Back to the Future?
- What television series aired the first interracial kiss on an American network?
Music Trivia Questions
It never hurts to know a little more about history’s greatest composers and music artists.
- Which famous composer was born in 1771 in Berlin?
- What Richard Wagner song is closely associated with the Francis Ford Coppola film Apocalypse Now?
- In “Peter and the Wolf,” which instrument represents the Cat?
- Which song ran the most consecutive weeks on the Billboard charts?
- What was Rodgers and Hammerstein’s first musical?
- What horror actor performed the evil laugh at the end of the “Thriller” music video?
- In which city is the Country Music Hall of Fame located?
- Which music group has the most #1 hits of all time?
- Which rapper is R&B artist Brandy Norwood’s first cousin?
- Who produced Michael Jackson’s songs “Thriller,” “Bad,” and “Off the Wall”?
- What do musicians such as Carly Rae Jepson, Celine Dion, and Alanis Morisette have in common?
- What is the name of the Pink Floyd album with the prism on the cover?
- Finish the phrase “The artist formerly known as….”
- Which rap artist has won two Academy Awards and four Grammy Awards?
- What is the name of the movie that featured Vanilla Ice in a leading role?
History Trivia Questions
These next bar trivia questions will test how well you paid attention in history class.
- Which country gave the United States the Statue of Liberty as a gift?
- What was the name of Secretary of State Alexander Hamilton’s wife?
- During what war were tanks first used in battle?
- What was Johnny Appleseed’s real name?
- Which historical figure was the inspiration for the Teddy bear?
- What was the name of the first American colony?
- What was the actual date that Congress adopted the Declaration of Independence?
- How many wives did King Henry VIII behead?
- Who was the first person to patent the automobile in 1886?
- What animal did Pope Gregory XI attempt to exterminate across Europe because they might be involved in witchcraft?
- Which volcano caused the destruction of the Roman city Pompeii?
- Who was the leader of the USSR from 1917 to 1922?
- What was the name of the mystic man who lived with the Romanov family?
- Who was the leader of U.S. forces during the Battle of the Little Big Horn?
- Which historical figure spearheaded the Protestant Reformation?
- During World War II, what countries were in the original Axis powers?
- What was the name of the first woman pilot that flew solo across the Atlantic ocean?
Sports Trivia Questions
Football, soccer, basketball…let’s see what you know.
- In which building did the Chicago Bulls play their home games?
- Which is the only team to play a perfect season?
- Which player has won the MVP award six times?
- Which team won the Super Bowl in 1967?
- With which NBA team did Larry Bird play?
- Which hockey player has scored the most goals in NHL history?
- Which player has played the most games for the NHL?
- Who was the youngest NHL player ever?
- Which team has made the most appearances at the Super Bowl?
- Which NBA player retired in 1993 to play minor league basketball for a couple of years?
- The Triple Crown in horse racing goes to the horse that wins which three races?
- Which NFL team went to four consecutive Super Bowl Games from 1991 to 1994 and lost all four games?
- Which tournament did Tiger Woods win in 1997 by 12 strokes?
- Between the two sisters Venus and Serena Williams, which sister has won more grand slam tennis titles?
- In 1930, what was the country that won the very first World Cup in soccer?
Geography Trivia Questions
You might know your own country’s geography pretty well, but what about the rest of the world?
- What is the capital city of the U.S. state of Missouri?
- What city is the capital city of New Zealand?
- Which river goes through the Grand Canyon?
- Edinburgh and Glasgow are located in which country?
- What is the world’s largest sea?
- What is the capital city of New York State?
- Madagascar is located in which body of water?
- One country shares a border with 14 different nations and crosses 8 time zones. Which country is it?
- Where in the world is the sun not visible for 186 days?
- What is the smallest state in the U.S.?
- Which ocean sees the most travelers?
- What is the capital of Spain?
- Nova Scotia is on which coast of Canada?
- What countries make up the United Kingdom?
- Which U.S. state has the highest amount of active volcanoes?
- What is the most populous city in the world?
- What is the tallest waterfall in the world?
- What is the name of the Pacific Ocean region that has frequent earthquakes and many active volcanoes?
- What is the smallest independent country in the world?
- What US state is the famous Area 51 located in?
- What city in the world has the most diverse language culture?