The Superbowl is an American pastime. You get together with friends and family, snack on yummy foods, and cheer your favorite team to victory.
Table of Contents
A great activity to spruce up your Super Bowl party is to invite your guests to join in on a fun game of Super Bowl trivia. Try these fun questions using a Super Bowl trivia quiz, including some for people without advanced knowledge of the Superbowl, as well as trivia for kids.
Super Bowl Trivia Quiz
- Which team has the most Super Bowl wins? Pittsburgh Steelers with six wins
- How much does a Super Bowl ring cost? $5,000
- What is the name of the Super Bowl Trophy? (bonus points for knowing who Lombardi is) Vince Lombardi Trophy. Lombardi was the first Green Bay Packers coach.
- How much did a 30-second commercial cost in 1967? $40,000
- How much does a 30-second commercial cost now? (2020) (bonus points for price per second) $5.6 million for a 30-second ad. $186,666 per second
- How many footballs are used in the Super Bowl? 72
- What player was on the 49ers starting in 1985 and played for 16 seasons and was in the Pro Bowl 13 times? Jerry Rice
- What quarterback had the nickname “Broadway Joe”? Joe Namath
- What was the highest-scoring Super Bowl? Super Bowl XXIX happened in 1995 between the San Francisco 49ers and the San Diego Chargers. The final score was 49-26. The 49ers won, making them the first NFL team to win five Super Bowls.
- Who was the Most Valuable Player (MVP) of the first Super Bowl? Bart Starr won MVP for Super Bowl I and II.
- What other player has won two consecutive MVPs during the Super Bowl? ● Terry Bradshaw 1979 and 1980
● Joe Montana and Tom Brady won MVP twice but not consecutively (two in a row)
- What two conferences have had the most Super Bowl MVPs? SEC and Pac-10. Both conferences have six.
- Who is the only player from a losing team to be awarded the MVP award? Chuck Howley, from the Dallas Cowboys in 1971
- Who was the first player to win MVP three times? Joe Montana in 1982, 1985, and 1990
- How many MVPs are in the Pro Football Hall of Fame? 12
- What team has the most MVPs? Dallas with seven
- What player has the most fumbles during a Super Bowl? Roger Staubach with five dropped balls.
- Who was the first player to throw 400 yards during a Super Bowl? In the 2000 Super Bowl, Kurt Warner threw for 414 yards, with two touchdowns to win against the Tennessee Titans 23-16.
- What players appeared in the Super Bowl as a player, assistant coach, and head coach? (there’s three) ● Mike Ditka
● Dan Reeves
● Tony Dungy
- What player has the most Super Bowl losses? ● Glenn Parker has five losses. With the Buffalos – XXV, XXVI, XXVII, XXVIII. And with the Giants, XXXV.
● Cornelius Bennet also has five. He played in all four Super Bowls with Parker for the Buffalos. And he also lost in Super Bowl XXXIII when he played for Atlanta Falcons.
● Gale Gilbert also lost five. He was the quarterback for the Buffalo Bills at the same time as Parker and Bennet. Then he played in Super Bowl XXIX with the San Diego Chargers and lost.
- What players have won back to back Super Bowls while playing for different teams? ● Deion Sanders – 49ers for Super Bowl XXIX, XXX with Cowboys
● Ken Norton Jr. – Super Bowls XXVII and XXVIII for Cowboys and XXIX with 49ers
● Chris Long – LI with Patriots, LII with Eagles
● Brandon Browner – with the Seahawks in Super Bowl XLVIII and XLIX with the Patriots
● LeGarrette Blount – played for the Patriots in the LI Super Bowl, and LII with the Eagles
Easy Super Bowl Trivia
- When was the first Super Bowl? January 15, 1967
- How many Super Bowls have there been? 52
- Where was the first Super Bowl?
- Who played in the first Super Bowl? Bonus points for score (or use as a separate question) Green Bay Packers vs. Kansas City Chiefs. Packers won 35-10
- What player has been in the most Super Bowls? Tom Brady in nine games.
- What team played in four Super Bowls but never led with points at any time in the game? Minnesota Vikings
- Wins as a starting quarterback for two different teams? Peyton Manning played for Indianapolis Colts in Super Bowl XLI and the Denver Broncos in Super Bowl 50.
- What kicker has won the most amount of Super Bowls? Stephen Gostkowski played for the New England Patriots during their victories at Super Bowls XLII, XLVI, XLIX, LI, LII, and LIII.
- What player had his helmet stolen during the 1994 Super Bowl? Dallas Cowboy player Emmitt Smith
- What state has five Super Bowl MVPs? California, although Ohio and Florida both have four each.
- What player won the MVP three times? Joe Montana
- What team was the first to win five Super Bowls? San Francisco 49ers
- What current teams have never made it to the Superbowl? (hint – there are four) Cleveland Browns, Houston Texans, Jacksonville Jaguars, and Detroit Lions
- What team did Tom Brady play for when they won Super Bowls XXXVI, XXXVIII, and XXXIX? New England Patriots
- Who holds the record for most MVP awards? Tom Brady with four MVP awards while playing for the New England Patriots in Super Bowls XXXVI, XXXVIII, XLIX, and LI.
Super Bowl Trivia for Kids
- How do you know the number of the Super Bowl? By the Roman numerals
- Why are Roman numerals used? Because the football season covers two separate calendar years
- What team has green and yellow for their colors? Green Bay Packers
- What are Green Bay Packers fans called? Cheeseheads
- What part of the field must a player get to for the team to get a touchdown? The end zone
- What player usually throws the football or passes it to another player for a play? Quarterback
- What team is known as America’s Team? The Dallas Cowboys
- What player usually catches the football thrown by the quarterback? Wide receiver
- What player usually runs the ball for a play? The running back
- New York has three NFL teams. What are they? Giants, Bills, and Jets
Susan majored in English with a double minor in Humanities and Business at Arizona State University and earned a Master’s degree in Educational Administration from Liberty University. She taught grades four through twelve in both public and private schools. Subjects included English, U.S. and world history and geography, math, earth and physical science, Bible, information technologies, and creative writing.
Susan has been freelance writing for over ten years, during which time she has written and edited books, newspaper articles, biographies, book reviews, guidelines, neighborhood descriptions for realtors, Power Point presentations, resumes, and numerous other projects.