Disney has been around for 96 years, and is considered a household name. Their magical film and TV productions have made them a big part of countless generations and families. So you should expect most of your loved ones and friends to have a special place in their hearts for the beloved characters and stories that Disney has shared through its century-long history.
Table of Contents
If you’re hosting a party or a get-together, or you simply want to connect with friends and family over dinner, then why not exercise how well you all know Disney? Learn little-known facts about the magical world of Disney and test your knowledge by seeing how well you know the answers to these Disney trivia questions.
Classic Disney Princess Trivia Questions
Classic Disney princesses are the eight original princesses with stories based off of classic children’s fairytales. These princesses include Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora, Ariel, Belle, Jasmine, and Pocahontas. Although they aren’t Disney original characters, they were largely popularized by the Disney feature films that tweaked their stories and inspired girls all over the world.
- Who is the youngest Disney princess?Snow White.
- How old was she according to the story?14 years of age.
- Which two classic actresses inspired Belle’s looks?Judy Garland and Julie Andrews.
- Who is the only Disney princess who isn’t actually royalty?Mulan.
- Who is the only Disney princess who was inspired by an actual person?Pocahontas.
- Lea Salonga served as the singing voice of which 2 Disney princesses?Mulan and Jasmine.
- Which classic Disney princess has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame?Snow White
- According to Walt Disney, which scene in a classic Disney princess movie was his favorite piece of animated work?When Cinderella’s dress transforms from rags to a white ball gown
- Who was the first Disney princess to demonstrate a deeper, thinking character?Belle
- Which real life actress inspired Belle’s intellectual persona?Katharine Hepburn
- One animation blueprint was used for two different scenes in two different Disney princess movies. What was it?The ballroom scenes in Beauty and the Beast and Sleeping Beauty
- Which Disney princess had the least number of lines throughout the entire film?Aurora
- How many lines did she have in total?18
- Who was the only Disney princess to have a tattoo?Pocahontas
- Which classic Disney princesses lived in Bavaria? Snow White
Mickey Mouse Disney Trivia
Mickey Mouse is the iconic mascot for the Walt Disney company. He was created in 1928 and stars in his own movies and television shows alongside his friends. Today, he is one of the most popular cartoon characters in Hollywood, making him a household name and a beloved friend to children all over the globe.
- What was the first Mickey Mouse cartoon to be produced in color?The Band Concert
- Disney created an initial character which he illustrated for Universal Studios. When his request for a bigger budget was rejected, Walt left Universal and decided to create a new character since the company owned the rights to his original cartoon. Who was this cartoon who was replaced by Mickey Mouse?Oswald the Lucky Rabbit
- What short film featured Mickey Mouse’s first appearance?Plane Crazy
- When he was first animated, Mickey didn’t have white gloves. In which short film did he start wearing white gloves?The Opry House, 1929
- In 1929, Mickey spoke his first words. What were they?“Hot dogs!”
- What year did the New York Mirror feature the first ever Mickey Mouse comics?1930
- Mickey Mouse Club debuted on ABC TV in what year?1955
- In 1993, three hopefuls joined the Mickey Mouse Club. Today, they are three popular musical artists. Who were they?Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake, and Christina Aguilera
- True or false – Mickey Mouse was NOT the first cartoon character to receive a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.False, he was the first.
- Although far less popular than Minnie Mouse, Disney animated a second female Mouse character. Who was she and how was she related to Mickey?Amelia Fieldmouse, she was Mickey’s sister.
Disney Movie Trivia
Disney is well-known for their film productions which inspire, touch hearts, and become a part of the childhoods of generations over the last 96 years. But for as popular as these movies are, there are lots of little details that we might not actually know. Want to find out if you’re a real Disney fan? See how much you know by answering these Disney movie trivia questions.
- Who was the only Disney main character who didn’t talk throughout the entire film?Dumbo
- In the 1940 animated musical film Fantasia, Disney cast Mickey Mouse as the sorcerer’s apprentice. Who was originally supposed to play the role?Dopey
- What full length Disney animated film was only shown in 14 theaters across the globe for its complicated audio?Fantasia because most theaters weren’t equipped with the sound system needed for the movie in 1940.
- In Pinocchio, he and his father are consumed by a massive blue whale. What was its name?Monstro
- Who was the actor that received the first Golden Globe nomination for voicing a character in a Disney animated film?Robin Williams
- Which character did he voice and from what movie?Genie, Alladin
- What was the name of Maleficent’s pet raven?Diablo
- What was the last movie that Walt Disney was able to work on before he died?The Jungle Book
- What Disney movie received the first ever Oscar nomination in the company’s entire history?Beauty and the Beast
- In most Disney princess movies, the princess’ father is the only biological parent living. Which Disney princess had the opposite?Tiana
- There are two Disney princesses who become royalty after marriage. Who are they?Cinderella and Belle
- In the movie The Sleeping Beauty, what were the names of the three good faeries?Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather
- Who is the only Disney villain to never appear on screen throughout the length of his respective film?Man in Bambi
- What were the names of Ursula’s two pet eels?Flotsam and Jetsam
- How many daughters does King Triton have in The Little Mermaid?Seven.
- What were their names?Aquata, Andrina, Arista, Attina, Adella, Alana, and Ariel.
- In the movie Mulan, the young female warrior brings along a horse during training. What was the name of this horse?Khan
- Which Disney animated movie has a soundtrack that has gone ten times platinum according to the Recording Industry Association of America?The Lion King
- Disney films often use two different talents for speaking and singing voices. Who was one of the few prominent actors to perform as both the speaking and singing voice of his Disney character?Mel Gibson
- Which character did he voice?John Smith, from Pocahontas
- What was the first original Disney song has won an Academy Award for Best Original Song?When You Wish Upon a Star, Pinocchio
- How many Disney songs have won this award?Twelve
- What school did the characters of High School Musical attend?East High School
- What magical, mythical forest creatures did Merida follow through the woods in the movie Brave?Will o’ the Wisps
- Who voices Remy in Ratatouille?Patton Oswalt
- In numerous Disney-Pixar films, a yellow ball with one blue stripe and a red star makes an appearance. What is this ball’s name?The Luxo Ball
- What fraternity did Mike Wazowski become a member of in Monsters University?Oozma Kappa
- What did Syndrome call his superhero persona way before he debuted himself as a villain?Incrediboy
- How many tentacles did Dory’s octopus friend have in the movie Finding Dory?Seven.
- Animators for Disney-Pixar films often incorporate the code A113 in many of their films as a minute detail in the background of a scene. What does this code refer to?A classroom in animation school.
- What was Wall-E’s job as a robot?Garbage compactor
- He voiced Ham in Toy Story, the Yeti in Monster’s Inc. and a variety of other minor characters in every Disney-Pixar film to date. Who is he?John Ratzenberger
- What old movie classic is Wall-E seen watching?Hello, Dolly!
- What’s the name of the daycare where the characters find themselves trapped in Toy Story 3?Sunnyside
- What was the name of the city where the movie Monster’s Inc. took place?Monstropolis
- There was a spin-off to the movie Cars that wasn’t an official Pixar animated production. What was it?Planes
- What name did Arlo give his human companion in the movie The Good Dinosaur?Spot
- What was the name of Buzz Lightyear’s arch nemesis?Zurg
- What was the first ever Pixar film to be released?Luxo Jr.
- What South American destination do Carl and Ellie dream of visiting in the movie Up?Paradise Falls
- What was the biggest challenge that animators faced in the process of creating the movie Brave?Merida’s hair
- In the movie Finding Nemo, Dory and Marlin ride through a current to speed up their travel to Nemo’s location. What current was it?The East Australian Current
- True or false – Bo Peep is a recurring character in all three Toy Story movies.False, she was no longer around in the 3rd movie installment.
- In the movie Brave, a massive bear engages Merida’s father and mother in one final battle. What was his name?Mor’du
- What was the name of the toy store in Toy Story 2?Al’s Toy Barn
- Why is Charles Muntz living in South America?To capture and return with a living flightless bird
- Flick thinks he’s hiring a group of skilled assassins when he discovers that the bugs he brings back to his colony are actually what?Circus performers
- What was the megacorporation that owned and operated everything in the movie Wall-E?Buy n’ Large
- True or false – Jessie actually belonged to Andy’s mom.True, Andy’s mom was revealed to be Emily.
- A recurring pizza brand shows up in numerous Disney-Pixar film. What was this fictional brand?Pizza Planet
- What kind of dinosaur was Arlo in the movie The Good Dinosaur?Apatosaurus
- Mike makes up a fake musical to cover up the fact that he and Sully are in possession of Boo. They end up actually performing this musical during the movie credits for Monster’s Inc. What was its title?Put That Thing Back Where It Came From or So Help Me
- Which character in Toy Story 3 says this line: “Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from threat of force!”Barbie
- What was the name of the supposed 5-year long cruise that would house the entire human race until the Earth would be a viable planet for sustainable life in the movie Wall-E?The Axiom
- In Monsters Inc., there is nothing more toxic or deadly than what?A human child.
- What was the name of the little girl to whom Andy gave all his toys at the end of Toy Story 3?Bonnie
- Who was the character who sacrificed himself in one of the most emotional scenes in the movie Inside Out?Bing Bong
- What or who was he?Riley’s imaginary friend
- What was Eve’s directive in Wall-E?To find evidence of sustainability of life on Earth
- How many emotions are portrayed inside Riley’s mind in the movie Inside Out?Anger, Fear, Disgust, Sadness, and Joy
- What was the name of the small town where the lead in the movie Cars finds himself stranded?Radiator Springs
- What was the name of Marlin’s wife in the movie Finding Nemo?Coral
- What was the name of the lovable caterpillar character in the movie A Bug’s Life?Heimlich
- Who was the only Disney princess to have brothers?Merida
- In what other Pixar movie does the Wall-E company “Buy n’ Large” make an appearance?Toy Story 3, as the brand for Buzz Lightyear’s batteries
So how did you fair? Are you a Disney savant or do you need to brush up on your Disney knowledge? Get your friends in on the fun and spend a few minutes challenging their wits with these fun Disney trivia questions!