Many people with to improve their knowledge of the New Testament. Using Bible trivia is an excellent way to do so. Our collection of New Testament Bible trivia provides something for everyone – those who consider themselves experts, those just beginning their studies of God’s Word, and even kids. Use our list of Bible trivia to play games at get-togethers and test your own Bible knowledge.
You may also like:
Table of Contents
- 1 New Testament Bible Trivia Questions and Answers
- 2 New Testament Bible Trivia Quiz
- 3 New Testament Bible Trivia Questions for Kids
- 4 New Testament Bible Trivia Quiz for Kids
- 5 Old Testament Bible Trivia Questions and Answers
- 6 Old Testament Bible Trivia Quiz
- 7 Old Testament Bible Trivia Questions for Kids
- 8 Old Testament Bible Trivia Quiz for Kids
New Testament Bible Trivia Questions and Answers
Our first few selections of Bible trivia are designed for adults. However, teens may well have enough Bible knowledge to know many of the answers. You do not need to use the trivia in the order given. If you wish, you can skip around, using questions at the same level of difficulty. For example, #1, #4, and #5 are all relatively easy. Have fun with our trivia lists!
All answers are hidden by default. If you would like to show them click on the button below.
- In what city was Jesus born?
- How many books are in the New Testament?
- What type of insect did John the Baptist eat in the desert?
- Who were the first apostles called to follow Jesus?
- How many people did Jesus feed with five loaves of bread and two fish?
- After Jesus was arrested, which apostle disowned him three times?
- Who recognized Jesus as the Messiah when he was presented at the Temple as a baby?
- Who asked Pilate for Jesus’ body after the crucifixion?
- Paul was shipwrecked on what island?
- What is the shortest book in the New Testament?
- Who is the author of the Book of Revelation?
- Matthew was a _________.
- To what city was Saul traveling when he encountered a great and blinding light?
- Who was the first person to come upon the injured man in the parable of the Good Samaritan?
- Finish this verse. “In every battle you will need faith as your ______ to stop the fiery arrows aimed at you by Satan.”
- Whose example does Paul say Christians should follow in Chapter 5 of Ephesians?
- After Jesus fed 5,000+ people with two fish and five loaves of bread, how many baskets were left over?
- What does Paul say may “abound more and more in knowledge and in all judgment?”
- What tribe is Paul from?
- According to the Beatitudes who will be filled?
- What does Simon Peter do for a living before he becomes an apostle?
- Who is Stephen in Acts of the Apostles?
- By what name is Paul of Tarsus known before he begins his missionary activity?
- According to Paul’s formulation in 1 Corinthians, which is the greatest of the imperishable qualities?
- Who is the high priest of Jerusalem who put Jesus on trial?
- In the Gospel According to John, which of the apostles doubts Jesus’s resurrection until he sees Jesus with his own eyes?
- According to the Gospel of Matthew, where does Jesus’s first public sermon take place?
- How does Judas signal Jesus’s identity to the Roman officials?
- Who murders John the Baptist?
- When Christians observe Palm Sunday, what biblical narrative are they celebrating?
- According to the Gospels, what is the unique literary genre Jesus employs to preach his message?
- Which Gospel is most concerned with the mystery and identity of the person of Jesus?
- Who baptizes Jesus?
- Who takes Jesus’s body off the cross?
- Who is the first apostle to deny Jesus?
- Which Gospel is written by a doctor?
New Testament Bible Trivia Quiz
After you have challenged yourself or others with our list of Bible trivia questions and answers, try this quiz to test your knowledge.
- What is the common name given to the first four books of the New Testament?
- Who wrote most of the books in the New Testament?
- Who wrote the Acts of the Apostles?
- Which book comes last in the New Testament?
- What does the word gospel mean?
- Who was the king of Judea at the time of Jesus’ birth?
- Which gospel records the fewest of the miracles performed by Jesus?
- In what water was Jesus baptized?
- What miracle did Jesus perform at the marriage in Cana?
- Who was the tax collector that climbed up a tree so he could see Jesus?
- Which two Old Testament characters appeared with Jesus at the transfiguration?
- How did Jesus reveal the one who would betray him?
- Where was Jesus crucified?
- For how many days did Jesus appear to his disciples after his resurrection?
- Who went with Paul on his first missionary journey?
- Paul and Silas were imprisoned during the second missionary journey, but in what city did this happen?
- During Paul’s third missionary journey, roughly for how long did he minister in the school of Tyrannus at Ephesus?
- On what island was Paul shipwrecked as he made his way to Rome?
- How many churches of Asia Minor were there?
- On what island was John when he was given the vision of Revelation?
- In the New Jerusalem described in Revelation, what are the twelve gates made from?
- Where was Jesus born?
- Why did Joseph take Mary and Baby Jesus to Egypt?
- Where did Jesus grow up after returning from Egypt?
- What was Jesus’ first miracle?
- As Jesus and His disciples were crossing the Sea of Galilee in a boat, a big storm arose. Jesus rebuked the wind and waves and the storm disappeared. What was Jesus doing when the storm arose?
- Jesus miraculously broke just a few loaves of bread and fishes and fed 5000 men, along with women and children. How many loaves and fishes did he start with?
- How did Judas identify Jesus as the one to be arrested?
- On Good Friday, Jesus was brought before Pontius Pilate for trial. Why did Pontius Pilate condemn Jesus to death?
- What language was most of the New Testament originally written in?
- What is the last book of the New Testament?
- In which Gospel did Jesus say and quote: “Everything is possible for one who believes.”?
- What is John the baptizer’s father’s name?
- Who wrote Acts of Apostles?
- What is the first book of the New Testament?
- What was the name of first Christian who was stoned to death?
- For how many days and night was Jesus fasted?
- Which wood has been used by Noah to build the ark?
- The Gospels
- Good news
- Herod the Great
- River Jordan
- Turning water into wine
- Elijah and Moses
- Dipped a piece of bread and passed it to him
- 2 years
- To escape from King Herod, who wanted to kill Jesus
- Turning water into wine
- 5 loaves and 2 fishes
- He kissed Jesus.
- The chief priests had persuaded the crowd to demand his execution.
New Testament Bible Trivia Questions for Kids
Kids love games, even those with which they learn something. Our list of Bible trivia questions for kids work for ages 7 and up, although they can also be used for younger children familiar with the Bible or older ones with little or no Bible knowledge.
- Where was Jesus born?
- How many apostles did Jesus have?
- What is the name of the disciple who betrayed Jesus?
- How did Jesus die?
- Who gave Jesus gifts when he was born?
- With what did Jesus feed 5000 people?
- Who are the religious leaders who continually tried to trap Jesus with their questions?
- What is the name of Jesus’ mother?
- What did Jesus do for Lazarus?
- What job did Jesus’ earthly father, Joseph, do?
- Who wrote many of the letters to churches in the New Testament?
- What is the collective name of the stories Jesus told?
- Who wanted to kill Jesus when he was a baby?
- What did Simon Peter do for a living?
- What happened to Jesus after the resurrection?
- What did the Holy Spirit look like when the disciples received it?
- Who went on missionary journeys to preach to the Gentiles?
- How did Paul escape from Damascus?
- What is the last book of the New Testament?
New Testament Bible Trivia Quiz for Kids
Use this New Testament Bible trivia quiz to test kids in on their biblical knowledge in Bible classes, devotionals, and at Bible camp. The questions are listed first, followed a list of answers.
- How many apostles did Jesus have?
- Which book tells about the visit of the Wise men to baby Jesus?
- Who wrote the book of Acts?
- How many Gospel books are there?
- Who wrote the book of Revelation?
- Who said, “Repent, for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand”?
- How many times did Peter deny Jesus?
- Who was shipwrecked in the New Testament?
- Which New Testament book tells about Paul’s conversion?
- Where did Jesus grow up?
- Where was Paul when he went blind?
- How many wise and foolish girls were in Jesus’ story?
- Who wrote the most books in the New Testament?
- Name one book that tells of Jesus’ birth?
- Who was the governor who tried Jesus?
- How many loaves of bread did Jesus use to feed five thousand?
- Who said, “Peace, be still”?
- Who said, “He is not here; for He is risen”?
- Who betrayed Jesus?
- Which apostle was a tax collector?
- Who lived on locusts and wild honey?
- Who was a blind man healed by Jesus?
- How many days was Lazarus dead before Jesus brought him back to life?
- Who was king of Judea at Jesus’ birth?
- Who came to Jesus at night?
- Which angel appeared to Mary?
- What are the names of the Gospel books?
- Whom did Jesus call the “Comforter”?
- What did the rich young ruler not want to give up?
- What disease did Jesus heal ten men of?
- John the Baptist
- On the road to Damascus
- Five of each or ten altogether
- Matthew or Luke
- An angel
- John the Baptist
- Matthew, Mark, Luke and John
- The Holy Spirit
- His riches
We hope you have enjoyed our lists of Bible trivia questions and answers, as well as the Bible trivia quizzes. One is never too young or old to play trivia games, and our collection should make any get-together, Bible class, or devotional more fun.
Old Testament Bible Trivia Questions and Answers
Since there are 39 books in the Old Testament, it contains a tremendous amount of information. Our collection of trivia covers many of the well-known Old Testament people, places, and events. We have a rather extensive list of Bible trivia questions and answers, a trivia quiz to test your knowledge, and Old Testament Bible trivia questions and quiz for kids. Enjoy!
Test your Bible knowledge with this selection of Bible trivia questions and answers. Many of the questions lend themselves to providing further trivia questions. For example, you could use the first question to ask, “What happened on the fifth day? On the fourth day?” and so on. The second question, leads to asking the names of Adam’s other two sons. Thus, you have an almost in
- On what day of Creation did God create man?
- What was the name of Adam’s third son?
- What was the first of the Ten Commandments?
- At the time of the census conducted by Moses in the first chapter of Numbers, which of the twelve tribes of Israel was the smallest?
- Who was the mother of Samuel?
- What kind of bird brought Elijah food while he hid in the Kerith Ravine, east of Jordan?
- Which of the following is NOT a book of the Old Testament?
- What is the last word in the Old Testament?
- How many books are there in the Old Testament?
- In what language was the Old Testament written?
- What relation was Jacob to Abraham?
- How many sons did Jacob (Israel) have?
- From which country did Moses help the Israelites escape from their lives of slavery?
- Which tribe of Israel looked after the religious aspects of life?
- On which day of the year could the High Priest enter the Holiest Place, the inner most part of the temple where the covenant box was kept?
- Which of the following was not a judge?
- Israel split into two kingdoms after the reign of King Solomon, with Israel in the north, but what was the name of the southern kingdom?
- Who was king of the southern kingdom when the northern kingdom of Israel fell to Assyria?
- The southern kingdom eventually fell also, but to which great power?
- After the exile, the Israelites returned and started to rebuild the temple in Jerusalem, but which other prophet along with Zechariah was sent to encourage the completion of the partly built temple?
- One title of God is El Shaddai, which means what?
- Which king had the longest reign over the Kingdom of Israel?
- What does Israel mean?
- In which prophecy do we read about the valley of dry bones?
- Which one of these books is not classed as a book of history?
- Which of these Old Testament prophets lived during the reign of King Josiah?
- How were sins forgiven in the Old Testament?
- How many ‘minor prophets’ are there?
- What is the name commonly given to the first five books of the Old Testament?
- Who wrote the first five books of the Old Testament?
- What time period does the Old Testament cover?
- From which part of Adam’s body did God create Eve?
- What was the first bird that Noah let out of the ark?
- What was the name of Abraham’s nephew?
- What did God ask Abraham to sacrifice to him on Mount Moriah?
- What did Rachel steal from her father, Laban, when she left home with her husband Jacob?
- What was the name of Joseph’s youngest brother?
- When Joseph was in prison, whose dream did he correctly interpret to mean he would be restored to his job?
- In what was baby Moses hidden?
- What was the first plague the Lord sent on Egypt?
- On what mountain did Moses receive the law from God?
- What was the ‘tabernacle’ for?
- How did Rahab let the invading Israelites identify her house?
- What weapons did Gideon use to defeat the Midianites?
- Which judge was betrayed to the Philistines by a woman?
- Who did Samuel anoint as the first King of Israel?
- How did David defeat Goliath?
- How did Uriah die?
- What was Cain’s punishment for the murder of Abel?
- What was the secret of Samson’s great strength?
- What did Joseph’s brothers do to Joseph?
- Who was Moses’ successor after his death?
- What was the name of David’s father?
- Which prophet secretly anointed David as king?
- How did the Jewish prophet Daniel end up in Babylon?
Old Testament Bible Trivia Quiz
Test your knowledge of the Old Testament with this quiz covering major individuals and their roles in Biblical history.
- Why does Cain kill his brother Abel?
- How does Jacob steal his brother, Esau’s, inheritance rights?
- From which catastrophe does Joseph save Egypt?
- How does God first appear to Moses?
- What object that God gives Moses allows him to perform signs and wonders?
- How does God feed the Israelites in the desert?
- Why does Moses break the stone tablets inscribed with God’s commandments at Mount Sinai?
- Why does God curse the Israelites to wander the desert for forty years before entering the Promised Land?
- What do Moses and Joshua forbid the Israelites to do in the Promised Land?
- Who betrays Samson to the Philistines?
- Why does the prophet Nathan rebuke David?
- What does David bring to Jerusalem to bless the religious city?
- How does Absalom flaunt his brief overthrow of David’s throne?
- What event triggers the division of Israel into two kingdoms?
- Who is Elisha?
- What do the deaths of King Ahab and his wife Jezebel have in common?
- Which Jewish festival results from the events in Esther?
- Which of the following is not one of Israel’s judges?
- What does King Solomon do in Israel?
- What is one of the main criteria in Leviticus for living in the Israelite camp?
- Why does God reprimand Job?
- What did King Solomon ask for from God?
- Who wrote this line “The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want”?
- What does “Eve” mean?
- Who married Abraham?
- Looking for a wife for Isaac, Abraham’s servant found:
- Jacob agreed to work 7 years for the hand of:
- This woman promised the Lord that if He would bless her with a son, she would dedicate the boy to Him. She later bore Samuel.
- Who was David’s original wife?
- This woman remained with her mother-in-law, Naomi, after Naomi’s husband and sons died.
- This woman rumored that Joseph tried to commit adultery with her.
- This harlot housed spies sent by Joshua to take the city of Jericho.
- This woman married Moses.
- After David looked upon her lustfully, he had an affair with this woman that ultimately led to the death of her original husband.
- This woman tempted Samson to reveal the secret to his massive strength, which she used to betray him to the Philistines.
- This brave Israelite woman became queen of Persia and used her influence to protect her people, the Jews.
- This woman was given to Jacob as a wife deceitfully before he could marry her younger sister, who he loved.
- The prophet Hosea was commanded to marry this woman, though she was a harlot.
- This Egyptian woman was Sarah’s handmaiden, and bore Ishmael through Abraham.
- This wicked queen wanted to kill the prophet Elijah.
- This woman gave birth to Moses.
- This woman was turned into a pillar of salt because she looked back as Sodom and Gomorrah were being destroyed.
- This woman was Ruth’s sister-in-law.
Old Testament Bible Trivia Questions for Kids
Kids love trivia games and this one is not only fun, but test their Old Testament Biblical knowledge. Use our list of Bible trivia questions for kids in Sunday school class, for devotions, or anytime you have a group of kids who love God’s Word.
- What was the first thing that God created?
- Which day did God create plants?
- What was the boat Noah built called?
- How many of each type of animal did Noah have on the ark?
- What is the symbol of God’s promise to Noah?
- Who received the 10 commandments from God?
- What are we told to do in the fifth commandment?
- What was the name of Moses’ brother?
- What food do we ask God to give us in the Lord’s Prayer?
- People look on the outward appearance, but what does God look on?
- His father gave him a coat of many colors.
- Who was thrown into a lions’ den by King Darius? This person prayed to God three times a day.
- This young boy defeated a giant.
- This prophet was swallowed by a fish.
- What animal was often used for transportation in the Bible?
- Who was the Son of God?
- What was the name of Jesus’ mother?
- What did Jesus’ father do for a job?
- Jesus told a parable about a prodigal _____.
- What is the shortest verse in the Bible?
- How many disciples or apostles did Jesus have?
- Which of the apostles betrayed Jesus?
- What is another name for the Sermon on the Mount?
- What did Jesus feed to 5,000 people?
- What was the name of the Sea where Jesus calmed a storm?
Old Testament Bible Trivia Quiz for Kids
Test the Biblical knowledge of kids familiar with the Bible with this trivia quiz. We have separated the questions from the answers to make our kids trivia quiz easier to use.
- Which brave young boy had a fight with a giant called Goliath?
- Who did God give the job of building a massive boat called an ark?
- What was the name of the lady who was married to the strongest man?
- Who got swallowed by a whale?
- Which man and woman lived in the Garden of Eden?
- Who was thrown into a den of lions by an evil King?
- Can you name a set of twin boys?
- Who was known as the Wise King?
- Who was Joseph’s younger brother?
- Where was Moses born? (An extra point for naming the nearby river!)
- What “job” did David have as a boy?
- Who was David’s best friend?
- What was the meaning of the rainbow in the sky?
- Which is the first book of The Bible?
- What instrument did David play? (An extra point for naming the King he played for!)
- Which book of The Bible is full of wise sayings? For example, “a wise son makes his father glad, but a foolish son is a grief to his mother.”
- Who was given The Ten Commandments from God at the top of a mountain?
- Who killed his brother?
- Who made a bronze snake?
- What did God create on the first day of creation?
- Delilah (married to Samson)
- Adam and Eve
- Jacob and Esau
- Egypt (The river Nile)
- God’s promise to not flood the earth ever again.
- Harp (King Saul)
- Cain (killed Abel)
- Light (night and day)
Trivia games are always fun! Many trivia collections are also educational. Our selection of Old Testament trivia includes easy questions and some that are more difficult. See how much you know about the Old Testament or challenge your friends. Enjoy!
Susan majored in English with a double minor in Humanities and Business at Arizona State University and earned a Master’s degree in Educational Administration from Liberty University. She taught grades four through twelve in both public and private schools. Subjects included English, U.S. and world history and geography, math, earth and physical science, Bible, information technologies, and creative writing.
Susan has been freelance writing for over ten years, during which time she has written and edited books, newspaper articles, biographies, book reviews, guidelines, neighborhood descriptions for realtors, Power Point presentations, resumes, and numerous other projects.
According to the Gospel of Matthew, who visits Jesus at his birth and where does this meeting take place?
Your answer is wrong The three wise men are no where near the stable, or Jesus’ birth. Jesus at the time the wise men visited is referred to as a young child not a baby, and they where in a house not the stable. Matthew 2:11 And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him:
Thanks for the clarification Jason.
love the Word of God !
MAY THE LORD JESUS BLESS YOU
very informative website.
may the name of jesus bless you all and love the name of the lord
Thank you for this wonderful resource!
Thanks for all the question they really helps me.
it is so helpfull
Thank you so much! It helps me a lot!!! ???
This is great stuff. It’s perfect for the youth to answer some questions. Thank you
I truly have enjoyed these great trivia question
Trivia Questions are really helpful. It helps me a lot .
These trivia questions are dynamite. Thank you so much their very helpful.
This site is really of great help to those who are in need of facts and reliable bible trivia. May the Lord God Bless us all.
I love this site it is so very helpful. My mom and my daughter and I had great fun refreshing our knowledge and learning the Bible.
There are very helpful for a bible quiz competition at my church.
thnaks itt helps me a lot
i am a Sunday school teacher and this is is one of the best way of solving students/ children’s perspective and mood in answering quiz at schools, churches and other glorification places of Christ Jesus our Lord and Savior.
this was ver very very helpful….
I’m so happy that i found these questions and answers, They help me a lot , Thank You so much to whoever wrote this website. May God Bless You
Thank you so much! This is very helpful for both my couples class and my junior Church!
awesome bible summary questionthank you and answers
This was wonderful and so helpful!
the questions are nice
Thank you so much for this!
We will use these questions for our extended family cabin trip activities/games.
Nice trivia liked the variety of questions both old and new testaments.
Thank you very much for this site it wil certainly be used for my own personal use,GOD BLESS.
PLEASE FORWARD THESE TRIVIAS TO ME
Love this game me and my mom play it it is so fun and helps out a lot???
This is great! thank you so much for making the children learning so easy.
It is a great game it helps me in my bible study.
I am a vbs director in our church. And tomorrow were gonna have a jamboree. One of the games is bible quiz. Thank you to the people behind this website. It is a helping hand to us. GOD BLESS and May Our LORD JESUS CHRIST continue to used you and to bless other people. ?
Thank you very much…This site was very helpful, may God bless you and please do keep up the good work…
This is fantastic!! I can use this for part of my Sunday school sleepover activity
I am planning to start a bible quize programme with young people to encourage them to read bible and I didn’t know how to start I think this website is a sure place to start from. Thank you so much. Gos bless
I am going to post question on index cards, with the verse of the answer and have my children look them up, and then give me the answer and read the verse, get a dime or quarter. Figuring that out. But, worth the money if it gets them to dig into the bible
God bless you for the great information, I greatly enjoyed it. Thank you…
Great to use for my bible study class
this is really awesome. It helps us for Ethiopian church in Austin Texas .God bless you more
Wonderful! Very useful and helpful for SUNDAY SCHOOL teachers, parents and CHILDREN. THANKS FOR THE COMPILATION!!!
Very insightful and inspiring. These will serve as valuable materials for our annual Bible quiz programme during men fellowship anniversary.
Very revealing. praise God
I came across your page today and I love it! I am going to write them all down in a notebook so that when my husband and travel I can ask them as he is driving. I always have trivia when we travel. I am fairly new to the bible(5 years) so what I am going to do is find and read the context of the questions and jot down exactly where I found them. It’s going to be fun! Thank you very much and may God bless you all.
Great trivia questions some really stumped my fellowship group at school!
I have learned a lot thanks be God
Wow you guys quiz questions help me a lot in my upcoming Quiz Competition! Thanks a lot! More power to your elbows.
This has really helped me a lot,I can now understand some Bible principles on my own.I feel a lot closer to my God in Heaven.I shall forever be eager to look for more Bible questions like this…and share with my family,friends and whoever I can reach out to.I feel so at Peace.Christ lives.🙏.
You all have done a great job. It is really amazing.
Thank you very much. I had just one small observation…
22. In the Gospel of Mark, how does the Virgin Mary learn of her pregnancy?
From the angel Gabriel
The Gospel is Luke.
I have learnt a lot from here
Thank be to the almighty God 🙏🙏🙏
Thank you for sharing this question and answers. This has helped me a lot.
Thank you very much for these bible quiz. It helps me a whole lot. These questions refreshed my mind, and it took me all through the bible again.