Birthdays only come once a year – so why not try to make someone’s day extra special with a heartfelt birthday greeting? While your feelings of love and care for this special celebrant might be through the roof, it can be hard to encapsulate how you feel into such a short snippet of text. So how can you make sure that they truly know how happy you are to have them in your life on their special day?
Table of Contents
If you’re at a loss for words, don’t sweat it. We all go through the challenge of finding the right words for someone’s big day. That’s why we’ve put together this long list of textable birthday wishes that you can send to your celebrant to make them feel special on this once a year event.
Funny Birthday Texts
If you want to keep it light and carefree, then a funny birthday text can be a great way to send your love on that celebrant’s special day. Light hearted and easy, a funny birthday text can be an appropriate greeting for lots of different people – a and old beloved high school friend, a sibling, or even that funny uncle you haven’t seen in a while.
- I tried to get you something as amazing and wonderful as you for your birthday this year, but I couldn’t fit into the package! Happy birthday!
- Happy birthday, dear friend! I actually forgot it was your birthday today, but I could see the candles on your cake from a mile away. Make sure you blow them out fast!
- Forget about the past – you can’t change it. Forget about the future – you’ll never know what it holds. Forget about the present – I didn’t get you one this year. Happy birthday!
- Happy birthday to one of the few people whose birthday I can remember even without a Facebook reminder!
- I wanted to send you something gorgeous for your birthday, but the mailman told me I had to get out of the mailbox. Oh well, happy birthday!
- I know you’re starting to get a little older, so for this birthday, I’m giving you advice on how to make people think you’re younger. Just lie about your age! Happy birthday!
- On this special day, I hope you remember that you can be anything you want to be – except younger. Happy birthday!
- On your birthday, I want to give you a piece of intelligent advice. It’s okay to flirt with whoever you want as much as you want – you’ve basically become harmless at this age!
- Happy birthday to someone who’s just about old enough to know how it felt to poop without a smart phone in hand!
- Happy 24 hours of non-stop Facebook notifications from friends that you haven’t talked to in the last 5 years!
- Happy birthday! Don’t forget that age is just a number – in your case, a really big number.
- Happy birthday! As your friend, I think it’s only fair that I give you two things you should expect as you get older. The first is that your memory will start to get bad. I’ll tell you the second one when I remember.
Special Birthday Greetings
Not all birthdays are equal. For instance, 18th birthdays and 50th birthdays are extra special because they mark specific milestones in a person’s life. So, if that friend or family member is celebrating a birthday that’s different from the others, it pays to send a happy birthday text that fits the special day.
- Your birthday is a special day we celebrate the gift of you to the world. Happiest birthday!
- My dearest friend, you’ve never failed me all these years, and you redefine what friendship means to me. I wish you nothing but the best on this special day.
- May this birthday bring you an extra share of all the things – big and small – that make you the happiest person in the world.
- The life of a person is not measured in years, but with each footprint that they leave behind in the hearts of those they love.
- On your birthday, take this special gift I’ve prepare for you. I hope it brings you joy, just as the gift of your friendship has brought light and love into my life.
- You are the icing on the cake of life! Enjoy your special day and look forward to this wonderful new chapter in your life.
- Whenever I’m asked who my best friend is, you’re always the first person on my mind. I hope this birthday – and all your birthdays to come – are as special and wonderful as you are!
- The passing of time hasn’t changed you, but instead has made you shine even more brilliant than ever before. Thank you for sharing your friendship with me. Happy birthday!
- Your birthday isn’t only a reason to celebrate a new year, but a reason for me to rejoice at the year that has been. Thank you for all the memories, the laughs, and the days you spent by my side. Happy birthday!
- On this special day, I celebrate another year that I get to keep you in my life. Happiest birthday, and thank you for being one of the most wonderful friends I could ever ask to have!
- My life would not have been the same without you. For the love, the laughter, the light, and the humor that you bring into my everyday – thank you! Your birthday really is a reason to celebrate – because it means I get to spend another year with you in my life!
Romantic Birthday Wishes
Not quite sure how to tell your special someone that you’re happy to celebrate their birthday? With so many feelings coursing through your veins, it might be hard to fit everything into a phrase or two. If you’re really having a hard time telling your partner just how you feel about their birthday, then these happy birthday texts should give you a few worthy ideas.
- There is nothing more I want for you on this special day than for you to be the happiest. Your joy is my joy. Happiest birthday to the love of my life.
- You make every morning colorful, every night passionate, and ever day worth remembering. I love you. Happy birthday!
- On this special day, how many years ago, the universe conspired to create you – the one soul who would match mine and make me the happiest person in the world. So you see why I’m celebrating. Happy birthday, love!
- Love can be full of doubt. But when you became a part of my life, there was nothing I’d ever felt more certain about. Happy birthday to the only constant in my life.
- Every day of my life with you has been like a wonderful birthday celebration, and I hope it never ends. Thank you for making each day worth remembering.
- Although it might be true that there’s not a lot I can offer you on this special day, I hope you accept my simple gift, and all the love in my heart. You are the highlight of my life.
- I want to take the time today to give my thanks. I’m proud and honored to be able to spend another year with you in my life. Happy birthday. Let’s make this year a memorable one.
- Happy birthday to the person who stole my heart, who changed my life, and who makes every single day an exciting adventure. I love you!
- Being your partner is the greatest gift I have ever received in my life, and I hope this little gift can give justice to the kind of happiness and light that you’ve brought into my life. I love you. Happy birthday!
- You work hard all year round. You put in so much effort to make me happy. You do everything you can for our kids. And you forget all about yourself along the way. So on this special day, we celebrate you. Thank you for everything that you do. I appreciate your love.
- When you’re in love with the most amazing person in the whole world, there’s nothing more that could make life sweeter. Thank you for being the most beautiful gift that this life has ever given me. Happy birthday.
Belated Birthday Greetings
Hey, sometimes we forget. That doesn’t make us bad people, right? We overlook Facebook notifications, we don’t have all our friends’ and family’s birthdays listed on our calendars, life gets busy, and we won’t always be able to send our greetings on the day. But that doesn’t mean we don’t care. So to make sure your love and affection is felt even after the festivities have passed, it pays to send over some love with these belated birthday texts.
- Even though this greeting might be coming to you a few days late, the happiness and love it wishes you are both good on any date. Belated happy birthday!
- The thing about getting older is that sometimes, you’ll just forget! So you’ll probably understand why you’re getting this greeting so late. Anyway, happy birthday!
- I didn’t actually forget your birthday. I just thought that you were so special, you deserve to celebrate your birthday twice in a year! Happy birthday!
- Belated happy birthday! Before you start to feel bad that I forgot to greet you, I want to let you know that I also forget to brush my teeth and eat on time almost everyday, so it’s more of a me problem than it is a you problem!
- Now that everyone else’s birthday greetings have worn off, it’s time I gave you mine! Here’s a big fat belated happy birthday hug from me to you!
- I didn’t forget your birthday. I just thought that it would be a good idea to save the best greeting for last. Happy birthday, dear friend! I hope you had a blast.
- Don’t you just hate it when people blame late birthday greetings on unlikely circumstances and unbelievable events? Anyway, I’m sorry this greeting is a little overdue, I was busy fighting crime with Batman. Happy birthday!
- Happy birthday! May this be the least belated of all the belated birthday wishes you receive this year.
- I am so sorry I forgot to greet you for your birthday this year! But in my defense, how am I supposed to remember when you don’t look any older? Belated happy birthday, my dear friend!
- I knew you were already probably thinking I would forget your birthday, and I didn’t want you to feel bad that you were proven wrong. It is your birthday after all!
- Your birthday came. Your birthday went. Here’s the wish I should have sent! I wish you joy, and love, and light. But most of all, I wish you a happy life!
- This birthday greeting isn’t late. It’s just an early one for next year! Belated happy birthday, friend!
- The reason I didn’t greet you happy birthday on your actual birthday was because I was so caught up thinking about a greeting amazing enough for you, and I ended up thinking the day away! I guess no such thing exists! Anyway, belated happy birthday!
- Truth be told, I didn’t actually forget to greet you for your birthday. I just forgot to tell you that I remembered your birthday.
- Sorry this greeting is coming to you a little late. I actually remembered your birthday – just on the wrong date!
- I’m so lucky and blessed to have a friend that’s so forgiving and kind, that even if I’m sending this birthday greeting a little late, I know you won’t be upset about it. Happy birthday!
Susan majored in English with a double minor in Humanities and Business at Arizona State University and earned a Master’s degree in Educational Administration from Liberty University. She taught grades four through twelve in both public and private schools. Subjects included English, U.S. and world history and geography, math, earth and physical science, Bible, information technologies, and creative writing.
Susan has been freelance writing for over ten years, during which time she has written and edited books, newspaper articles, biographies, book reviews, guidelines, neighborhood descriptions for realtors, Power Point presentations, resumes, and numerous other projects.