Thanksgiving is perhaps one of the most widely celebrated and deeply enjoyed holidays of the year across millions of families in the United States. Maybe it’s because it combines some of our favorite things – no work, no school, the company of good family and friends, and of course, tons of great food. So yes, you could say that the day was specially configured to make it particularly easy to think of all the things you might feel grateful for.
Table of Contents
And while a subtle flame snaps and crackles in the fireplace, it sets the backdrop for your cozy, comfortable get together. And in that very moment, the idea hits you – it’s probably time to post an Instagram photo. You squeeze together to capture the perfect social media worthy image, and you add your filters to bring out all those beautiful fall colors. But now the predicament – what’s the right caption for this fun family photo?
While a long, winding, emotionally-driven caption might suit some, a short, sweet, and humorous pun is easier to read and might attract more likes and reactions. But the question – what are the funniest Thanksgiving puns? Whether you’re using the short snippet for a Facebook post, or if you’re hoping to keep them in tote to squeeze into conversation, we’ve got you covered.
We’ve compiled some of the funniest Thanksgiving puns around so you can find the perfect one-liner or joke to make those meaningful moments even more memorable with a few heartfelt laughs.
Funniest Thanksgiving One-Liner Puns
Who doesn’t appreciate a little word play? Puns can be a hoot to hear and share, especially if you’ve got the words right. Clever and witty, these one-liner quips can encapsulate the theme of any Thanksgiving photo, or might even make a suitable conversation starter for those family members and friends that you just haven’t talked to in a while. Loosen up the crowd or rake in the likes with these funny Thanksgiving puns.
- That was plucking hilarious!
- Is that your pop-up timer or are you just happy to see me?
- Enough with the prelude and let’s get stuffed.
- You know I’m all about that baste.
- It’s time to get basted!
- Oh my gourdness, I plucking love fall.
- The goal is to gobble until you wobble.
- Let’s get the gourd times rolling.
- Eat, drink, and cranberry!
- Getting the longer half of the wishbone is a snap.
- Family, friends, food – it doesn’t get any butter than this.
- You think I’m done? Honey, you ain’t seen stuffing yet.
- We can worry about the Christmas tree some other time. Tonight is all about the poul-tree.
- Green bean casserole, pumpkin pie, mashed potatoes – when it’s Thanksgiving, there’s always more than just one side to the story.
- This celebration is totally my jam.
- I only have pies for you.
- Hey, I just met you, and this is gravy. But here’s my stuffing, so carve me maybe.
Funny Thanksgiving Jokes
Who would pass up the chance to make family and friends smile? Thanksgiving jokes can be a smart way to start a conversation, to lighten the mood after some heartfelt sharing, or to spice up a social media post. But if you’re running low on the witty quips, we’ve got you covered. This list of funny Thanksgiving jokes can have your friends and family laughing through the night, letting you weave more memories by keeping the atmosphere light and effortless.
- Yeah, sure, abs are great. But have you ever had pumpkin pie?
- It’s all fun and games until your pant buttons come undone.
- Leftovers? Leftovers are for quitters, and we ain’t quitters.
- Why did the turkey cross the road? Because it was Thanksgiving and he wanted to get out of sight.
- What do turkeys eat for dessert? Peach gobbler.
- Why did the cranberries turn red? Because they saw the turkey dressing.
- Why do pilgrims’ pants never stay up? Because their belt buckles are on their hats.
- What did the turkey say to the computer voice recognition? “Google, Google, Google.”
- What do you get when you cross a turkey with a centipede? Unlimited drumstick buffet!
- What did the turkey tell the hunter on Thanksgiving day? “Quack quack!”
- What’s the key to a successful Thanksgiving celebration? Tur-key!
- Why did the police take the turkey in for questioning? He sense fowl play.
- What sound does a turkey make when you take its legs? “Wobble, wobble!”
- What’s the difference between a pirate and a cranberry farmer? A pirate buries his treasure, while a cranberry farmer treasures his berries.
- What do you call a turkey on the day after Thanksgiving? Lucky.
- What do you call a love story between a pilgrim and a turkey? 50 Shades of Gravy
- What do you call it when a group of people take turns making fun of the thanksgiving turkey? A roast.
- What’s the best music to play at Thanksgiving dinner? Plymouth Rock.
- What dessert do mathematicians prefer to eat during Thanksgiving? Pumpkin pi
- Why didn’t the chef add any spices to her Thanksgiving roast? She didn’t have the thyme.
- What did the pilgrim call his friends? His pal-grims.
- What’s the best dance step to use at a Thanksgiving party? Twerky.
- Did you know that the pilgrims came over on smoke-colored ships designed by a guy named Valentine? You might call them gray V-boats.
- What’s the most appropriate outfit for Thanksgiving dinner? A har-vest.
- I’m tired of eating Thanksgiving left overs for weeks after the celebration. That’s not happening this year – I’m quitting cold turkey.
- What do turkeys eat on Thanksgiving? Nothing – they’re too stuffed.
- What happened to the turkey when he got into a fist fight? He got the stuffing knocked out of him.
- Why did the pilgrims avoid telling their secrets while they were in the cornfields? Because the corn had ears.
- Why did the turkey refuse to play any instrument other than the drums? Because he already had the drumsticks for it.
- My family keeps telling me to stop it with the corny Thanksgiving jokes, but I can’t just quit cold turkey.
- If a large turkey is called a gobbler, what do you call the smaller ones? Goblets.
- What do Halloween and Thanksgiving have in common? Gobble-ins!
- Knock knock. Who’s there? Normal Lee. Normal Lee who? Normal Lee, I don’t eat this much!
- Knock knock. Who’s there? Tamara. Tamara who? Tamara, we’re having turkey leftovers for sure.
- What did the turkey say before he was popped into the oven? “Boy, am I stuffed!”
- What is a pumpkin’s favorite sport? Squash
- What would you get if you crossed Halloween with Thanksgiving? A poultry-geist.
- What did the mommy turkey say to her baby turkeys? “if your father could see you now, he would be turning in his gravy.”
- What do you call it when it rains turkeys? Fowl weather
- Why can’t you take a turkey to church? Because they use fowl language
- If fruit comes from fruit trees, where do turkeys come from? Poul-trees
- Why did the turkey let out a scream? Because he was caught dressing.
- Which side of the turkey has the most feathers? The outside
- What smells the best on Thanksgiving day? Your nose
- What do most women and turkeys have in common? Guys are only ever interested in their breasts
- What happens when you teach a turkey to play the harp? You get a turkey that can pluck on its own
- If the pilgrims were still around today, what would they be best known for? Their age
- What’s blue and covered in feathers? A turkey holding its breath.
- Why didn’t the pilgrim want to make the Thanksgiving bread? He thought it was a crumby job
- What’s the easiest recipe for pumpkin pie? Simple – just divide the pumpkin’s circumference by its diameter
- What did the obstetrician say while she was cooking Thanksgiving dinner? “The turkey’s dilated to 2.5 inches, we’ve got crowning stuffing, it’s time to eat!”
- Why was the Thanksgiving band unable to play their set? Because someone ate the drumsticks
- You think you’re crazy about Thanksgiving? Turkeys literally lose their heads at that time of year.
- How can you tell the difference between a female and a male turkey? The male turkey is usually the one holding the remote
- What do musicians put on their turkey during Thanksgiving dinner? Groovy.
- What did the little baby corn as her momcorn? Will popcorn come?
- How did Albert Einstein celebrate Thanksgiving? He always tried to remember what he was thinkful for.
- What do you call cranberries when they’re not happy? Blue berries
- What type of cracker would pilgrims use for their smores? A pilgraham cracker.
- What would happen if you combined Thanksgiving and Easter? Feaster Sunday
- Why did the pilgrim eat the candle off of the Thanksgiving table? He wanted a light snack before dinner.
- What did the small turkeys tell the big turkey bully? Peck on someone your own size!
- What do you get after eating too much turkey, stuffing, and sides than you can handle? You get dessert, of course.
- What does a turkey with 6 legs taste like? No one knows, they’re hard to catch.
- Why do we have Thanksgiving holiday? So we know when we need to get started on Christmas shopping.
- Why was the Thanksgiving soup so darn expensive? It had 24 carrots
- When is the best time to serve a tofu turkey? At Pranksgiving.
- What did the turkey tell the man who was trying to shoot him? Liberty, Equality, and Bad Aim for all.
- What sounds to turkeys make when they’re in outerspace? Hubble, Hubble, Hubble.
- Thanksgiving is wonderful because people tend to spend less time talking when their mouths are stuffed with food.
- If you don’t want to sit at the kids’ table during Thanksgiving dinner, then you probably haven’t watched the Hunger Games.
- They should change the Thanksgiving name to something more appropriate, like the Turkeypocalypse.
- Do you think there’s life after Thanksgiving, asked one turkey to another.
- How do turkeys drunk their wine? Inside gobblets.
- What’s one good reason you should save leftover turkey for tomorrow? So it doesn’t go to waist.
- What’s one thing we can all be thankful for on Thanksgiving? That we’re not turkeys.
- Where’s one country where Thanksgiving is never celebrated? Turkey!
- If April showers bring May flowers, what do May flower bring? Pilgrims.
- Why did little Johnny get such low grades after Thanksgiving? Because everything is marked down after the holidays.
- What do you call a dumb, dried out gobbler? A jerky turkey.
- What has feathers and webbed feet? A turkey getting ready to go scuba diving.
- What kind of vegetable would be the best for Thanksgiving dinner? Beets me!
- How can you make a turkey float? Well, you start out with root beer, vanilla ice cream, and a turkey.
- What’s the best way to keep a turkey in suspense? I’ll let you know next week.
Making Thanksgiving Memories
Funny Thanksgiving puns can brighten up any room and bring more laughs to the table. So whether you’re hoping to share a few good chuckles with the fam and the rest of the gang, or if you’re trying to come up with a clever Instagram post to commemorate the moment, we’ve got the perfect puns to help you on the way.
We hope you enjoyed reading through our list of 101 funny Thanksgiving puns, one-liners, and jokes! Brighten up that holiday feast with these hilarious phrases that you can use to put a smile on everyone’s face so they can have just one more thing to be thankful for this Thanksgiving.
Susan majored in English with a double minor in Humanities and Business at Arizona State University and earned a Master’s degree in Educational Administration from Liberty University. She taught grades four through twelve in both public and private schools. Subjects included English, U.S. and world history and geography, math, earth and physical science, Bible, information technologies, and creative writing.
Susan has been freelance writing for over ten years, during which time she has written and edited books, newspaper articles, biographies, book reviews, guidelines, neighborhood descriptions for realtors, Power Point presentations, resumes, and numerous other projects.