An old saying goes, “Laughter is the best medicine.” And what better way is there to generate laughter than telling funny riddles?
Table of Contents
In this article, we share funny riddles perfect for kids and adults in two separate sections. Then we have some truly hilarious riddles guaranteed to make you laugh. The article ends with a section to test you on your funny riddle proficiency where we list the riddles first, followed by answers.
Funny Riddles for Kids
Choosing riddles for kids isn’t easy. The riddles must be relatively easy to understand and answer, with just the right amount of thinking so that the child does not get bored or discouraged. Our “Funny Riddles for Kids” will keep them guessing, because they picked to provide the perfect riddling experience for kids of every age.
- Why did the boy bury his flashlight?
- Which letter of the alphabet has the most water?
- What has eyes that cannot see, a tongue that cannot taste, and a soul that cannot die?
- If an electric train is travelling south, which way is the smoke going?
- Why did Mickey Mouse become an astronaut?
- Why do bees hum?
- Why are teddy bears never hungry?
- What did the chewing gum say to the shoe?
- Bobby throws a ball as hard as he can. It comes back to him, even though nothing and nobody touches it. How?
- What can clap without any hands?
- What has a bark, but no bite?
- What is black, white, and pink all over?
- What gets beaten, and whipped, but never cries?
- What comes down but never goes up?
- We come in a set. We can dash or pour. If we’re too much, the serving is ruined. If we’re held back, the course is flat. What are we?
- What’s bright orange with green on top and sounds like a parrot?
- What word contains 26 letters, but only has three syllables?
- What kind of band never plays music?
- What tire doesn’t move when the car turns right?
- Why couldn’t the moon finish his meal?
- What is tall when it’s young, and short when it’s old?
- What do you taste twice a day but never eat?
- What has a thousand needles but doesn’t sew?
- What bet can never be won?
- What goes up and down, but never moves?
- You can catch it, but not throw it? What is it?
- What has a hundred limbs, but cannot walk?
- What is blue and smells like red paint?
- Every time you stand up, you lose this. What is it?
Funny Riddles for Adults
Our “Funny Riddles for Adults” have been chosen specifically designed for adult minds. They deal with sports, relationships, jobs, and other subjects adults are familiar with. They are perfect for a party or other get-together for entertainment and fun.
- Why did the woman wear a helmet at the dinner table?
- What ship has two mates, but no captain?
- If everyone bought a white car, what would we have?
- What is the difference between a jeweler and a jailer?
- Why was the belt arrested?
- The more it has the less it weighs. What is it?
- What is the best cure for dandruff?
- Who is the fastest runner in the whole world?
- What loses its head in the morning, but gets it back at night?
- When does a man really like being alone?
- What gets broken without being held?
- Which football player wears the biggest helmet?
- What flies around all day but never goes anywhere?
- You can you serve it, but never eat it? What is it?
- Do you know what you can hold without ever touching it?
- How many sides are there to a circle?
- What type of dress can never be worn?
- What wears a jacket, but no pants?
- Why did the golfer wear two pairs of pants?
- Why did the football coach go to the bank?
- What English word has three consecutive double letters?
- Name a popular four-letter sport that starts with a “T”.
- What do you call an alligator in a vest?
- What did the baseball glove say to the baseball?
- When do you go in through one hole and come out through two holes at the same time?
- Is it legal to marry the sister of your widow?
- Why do people build new houses?
- What is the difference between a car and toilet paper?
- What animal turns about 200 times around its axis after it dies?
What makes a hilarious riddle? Well, it needs a bit silly with an unexpected and clever answer. Our hilarious riddles are kid tested and adult approved. Every age will find these riddles incapable of telling without laughter.
- Why isn’t your nose twelve inches long?
- What do you call a fairy that has not taken a bath?
- What do you call a cow that twitches?
- What does an invisible man drink at snack time?
- What is the hardest part about skydiving?
- What do you get if your sheep studies karate?
- What hard rock group has four dudes but neither of them plays a guitar?
- On which side do chickens have the most feathers?
- What has feathers but no wings?
- What has 6 feet and sings?
- Which hand do you use to wipe your bottom in the bathroom?
- If a fella met a fella in a field of beans, could a fella tell a fella what a fella means? How many “f”s in that?
- What word describes a man who does not have all his fingers on one hand?
- What do you call a bunny with fleas?
- How do you catch a rabbit?
- A duck, a cat and a cow went out to dinner, who had to pay?
- Why did the boy scream when he opened the fridge?
- What happens if you call 611 for the police?
- What kind of bug goes Zzub Zzub?
- Why did the girl jump up and down before taking her medicine?
- What always goes to sleep with shoes on?
- What tastes better than it smells?
- What is orange and sounds like a parrot?
- Before Mt. Everest was discovered, what was the highest mountain in the world?
- Jim is six feet tall. He works at a butcher’s, and he wears size ten shoes. What does he weigh?
- You are trapped in a room and there are 3 doors. Each door has something behind it. The first door has two hungry lions that have not eaten in four years. The second door has electric lasers all across the room behind it. The third has three ninjas ready to attack. Which door would you pick to go through?
Funny Riddles with Answers
So, now your mind should be ready for the type of thinking necessary for riddle answering. We have selected some funny riddles for you to test yourself with. Riddles are listed first, with the answers following. See how many you can get right or test your friends and family.
- What type of cheese is made backwards?
- Name three days consecutively where none of the seven days of the week appear.
- Why couldn’t the sailors play cards?
- What did the outlaw get when he stole a calendar?
- Why did the not dog turn down part in the movie?
- When is a car, not a car?
- What bank never has any money?
- Why did the bumble bee put honey under his pillow?
- What is the longest word in the dictionary?
- I am a word. If you pronounce me rightly, it will be wrong. If you pronounce me wrong it is right? What word am I?
- It is higher without the head, than with it. What is it?
- It stands on one leg with its heart in its head. What is it?
- It has been around for millions of years, but it is no more than a month old. What is it?
- If I have it, I do not share it. If I share it, I don’t have it. What is it?
- Poor people have it. Rich people need it. If you eat it you die. What is it?
- You can hear it, but not touch or see it. What is it?
- It is always coming but never arrives? What is it?
- It has Eighty-eight keys but can’t open a single door? What is it?
- It has one eye but cannot see? What is it?
- How far can a bear walk into the woods?
- What did the sea say to the sand?
- It is late, 3 am, you are awakened by a knock on the door. It is your parents. They are hungry. You have a can of sardines, a box of crackers and a bag full of apples. What do you open first?
- What is dirty after washing?
- What can answer in any language? What can speak without a mouth? What can sing without an ear?
- How do you throw an egg on the floor without cracking it?
- What’s the one place where it’s impossible to face backwards?
- How can somebody walk for 8 days without sleeping?
- In what glasses shouldn’t you pour apple juice?
- Who earns money without working a single day?
- What is in fingers, toolboxes and snails?
We hope our funny riddles have given you some chuckles, giggling, and uncontrollable laughter. May you, your friends, and family have as much fun reading our list of Funny Riddles as we had compiling it. Riddle on!
Susan majored in English with a double minor in Humanities and Business at Arizona State University and earned a Master’s degree in Educational Administration from Liberty University. She taught grades four through twelve in both public and private schools. Subjects included English, U.S. and world history and geography, math, earth and physical science, Bible, information technologies, and creative writing.
Susan has been freelance writing for over ten years, during which time she has written and edited books, newspaper articles, biographies, book reviews, guidelines, neighborhood descriptions for realtors, Power Point presentations, resumes, and numerous other projects.