Using icebreakers for teenagers successfully can be challenging. You need to know your group of teenagers and the type of activity they prefer. To do so, follow these suggestions:
- Remember: Teens like active games and those they do not consider “childish.”
- When you decide which icebreaker activities to use, choose one based upon age, the groups familiarity with one another, and the purpose of the group gathering.
- Be flexible. Change the rules to suit the group and be ready to stop a game and start another if teens are not participating with enthusiasm.
- Build intensity. Start with simpler icebreaker games and increase difficulty gradually.
- Generate enthusiasm. Play an active role in the icebreaker activity.
- Use silly and fun props and equipment. Masks, stuffed animals, and brightly colored rubber balls and balloons add to the fun of an icebreaker game.
Team building games are both fun and challenging. They can be used in many different situations and for varied purposes. Use team-building games with any age group – kids, teens, or adults.
Venom or Poison
This teenager party game has a lot of fun, secret handshaking going on. Players are selected randomly to be “it,” and try to spread venom or poison to other players by simply shaking their hand; and tapping the inside of the unsuspecting person’s wrist with their index finger twice. Players have to discover which players are “it.” This game is fun anytime, but is a great Halloween game or Birthday Party game for teenagers!
Icebreakers for Christian gatherings help participants of every age relax and get ready for study, fun, or fellowship. We have divided our selection of Christian icebreakers by age group to make it easy for you to find the perfect one for any size, age, or group composition.
The purpose of these Youth Ministry Games is to give teens and pre-teens a chance to belong to a group that wants to have fun, and is also interested in building faith, and a relationship with Jesus Christ.
These games for youth ministry are set up for both small as well as large groups. Some adapting will always take place by the group leaders to fit your space, to best fit your youth ages, and to match your desired outcome and your purpose for playing these games.
Youth group ice breakers help teens who are sometimes hesitant to move out of their comfort zone relax and prepare for participation in youth group activities. Our selection of icebreaker games for youth include those for introductions and getting-to-know each other. Some of the games listed are just for fun and some are active and require some advance preparation or special materials. Whichever youth group icebreaker you choose, prepare for fun and some unexpected outcomes.
Icebreakers usually have a specific purpose – team building, preparing participants for activities, and introducing people to each other. However, sometimes you just need a fun activity to add to the effectiveness of a meeting, class, or other group. Our selection of funny icebreakers includes those for adults, teens, and kids. However, most of these fun icebreaker games can be adapted for any age.