Questions are a great way to start a conversation with someone you don’t know very well or keep a conversation going with someone you know. It’s challenging to think of things to say, but questions provide an easy way to get the ball rolling.
Table of Contents
You can ask many questions depending on the situation and the person you’re talking to. This article features Q and A questions for getting to know different people.
Q and A Questions for Teens
Teens are at an age where they are constantly exploring and learning about the world around them. This is a time of great discovery, and it’s fun to ask Q and A questions that help teens explore their personalities and interests.
Here are some fun Q and A questions for teens to get them thinking, laughing, and learning more about themselves.
- Who is/was your favorite teacher?
- College or university, which route are you planning on taking?
- Do you have a job yet? If so, what is it, and how do you like it?
- When you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up? Has that changed now that you’re older?
- What are your thoughts about school? Are you enjoying it, or are you struggling a bit?
- What hobbies do you have outside of school and work?
- What is your favorite song at the moment?
- Who is your best friend and how did you meet them?
- What’s the best thing about being a teenager?
- What’s the worst thing about being a teenager?
- What advice would you give to a younger teen who is struggling?
- Do you think there’s a difference between boys and girls in friendships/relationships? If so, what do you think the differences are?
- How heavily do your parents influence your decisions (academic, personal, etc.)?
- Do you feel like there’s enough communication between teens and parents these days with difficult topics? If not, what would you like to see changed?
- Do you think there are benefits to social media/technology over face-to-face communication? What are they?
Q and A Questions for Couples
Interviewing couples can be a lot of fun, but it can also be a little daunting. So, what are the right questions to ask? What will make them comfortable and open up?
Below are some fun Q and A questions to ask couples to help get the conversation started.
- What’s your favorite romantic movie?
- Who always texts first?
- Who takes longer to get ready in the morning?
- What is your favorite place to go on vacation?
- Who is more stubborn?
- What was your first date like?
- What do you love most about your partner?
- If you could change one thing about your partner, what would it be?
- What is your partner’s favorite food?
- How do you deal with disagreements?
- What is the biggest fight you have ever had?
- What do you think the key to a successful relationship is?
- What do you think the biggest challenge in a relationship is?
- How do you feel about PDA (Public Display of Affection)?
- What is the best piece of advice you have ever received about relationships?
Q and A Questions for Friends
There’s nothing better than a good old-fashioned Q and A session when getting to know someone! Not only are they fun, but they can also be incredibly revealing.
So, here are some Q and A questions for friends that will help you learn more about their relationship and how they work together.
- What are your favorite memories together?
- Who is more laid-back?
- Who is more likely to take charge in a situation?
- How do you two deal with conflict?
- What’s the most ridiculous thing you’ve ever done for each other?
- Who would win in a fight: you or your friend?
- What TV show do you quote the most?
- What’s your favorite inside joke between you two?
- How do you know when you’ve found your best friend?
- What makes a good friend?
- Do you have any close friends outside of your social circle?
- How has your friendship changed in the last few years?
- What would you say is your biggest shared interest?
- Has there ever been an issue that came between both of you? How did you resolve it together as friends?
- Do you ever get competitive with each other?
- What’s the best advice your friend has ever given you?
- What’s the most memorable thing your friend has ever done for you?
- What are some of your favorite activities to do together?
- What would you say is your biggest personality difference?
- Who is the most spontaneous of the two of you?
- What is the most significant event that has occurred in your friendship?
- What is the most valuable lesson you’ve learned from your friend?
- Do you have any shared interests or hobbies?
- How do you handle disagreements and conflict?
- What’s the most ridiculous argument you’ve ever had?
Q and A Questions for Girls
There are some questions better suited for girls than others. Here are some of the best questions to ask a girl, whether you’re just getting to know her or trying to keep the conversation flowing.
These Q and A questions for girls will help you learn more about her interests, personality, and more.
- When did you first start wearing makeup?
- What’s your favorite movie genre?
- Are you a morning person or a night person?
- Do you prefer to be single or in a relationship?
- What is the most embarrassing thing that’s ever happened to you?
- Where is your dream vacation spot?
- What is the best trip you have ever taken?
- Who are some of your biggest influences in life?
- What’s your favorite beauty brand?
- What movie makes you cry every time?
- What do you like to binge-watch on Netflix?
- What is your favorite band or artist?
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings?
- What’s your favorite type of food?
- What’s your favorite holiday?
- What are some of your hobbies?
- What’s the best piece of advice your parents have ever given you?
Boyfriend Q and A Questions
What are the best boyfriend Q and A questions? This is a question that countless women have asked themselves. A boyfriend’s answers might not always be what you want to hear, but they will give you some insight into his thoughts and feelings.
- How did you meet your first girlfriend?
- What was the worst fight you ever had with a girlfriend?
- What is the longest relationship you’ve ever been in?
- What do you think are the key ingredients for a successful relationship?
- When do you think it’s appropriate to start a serious relationship with someone?
- What makes you want to stay in a relationship?
- Is there anything you would change about how you approach relationships?
- What advice would you give to someone who has never had a serious relationship before?
- What are the biggest challenges you’ve faced in your relationships?
- What do you think is the most important thing to have in a relationship?
- When do you think it’s time to break up with someone?
- What are your thoughts on open relationships?
- How do you deal with jealousy in a relationship?
- What role does monogamy play in your relationships?
- How do you deal with disagreements in your relationships?
Girlfriend Q and A Questions
There are many questions to ask a girlfriend, and many people who have trouble picking the right questions are unsure of where to start. So, here are some questions that can help get the conversation started.
- Do you think there’s such a thing as true love?
- How would you define love?
- What are your thoughts on soulmates?
- What do you think is the key to a lasting relationship?
- Do you see marriage as an antiquated institution?
- What do you think about relationships that don’t involve marriage?
- If two people are really in love, does it matter if they’re of different faiths?
- How do you know if you’re ready for a relationship?
- What are some red flags to look out for in a relationship?
- How do you deal with conflict in a relationship?
- What’s the best way to show your partner that you love them?
- Do you think it’s possible to be “just friends” with someone of the opposite sex?
- If there was one thing you could change about yourself, what would it be?
- Do you have any dealbreakers for relationships?
- What advice would you give your younger self about relationships?
Q and A Questions for Adults
Q and A questions for adults can be especially interesting, as they have had more life experience than most people. With these Q and A questions, you can gain valuable insight into the person’s life story and learn more about what makes them who they are.
- How did you get into your current career?
- What is your favorite memory from childhood?
- Who has been the biggest influence in your life?
- What was the hardest thing you’ve ever gone through?
- What are you most proud of in your life?
- What are your hopes and fears for the future?
- What was the most defining moment in your life?
- What do you think is the meaning and purpose of life?
- What is the most valuable lesson you’ve learned?
- What do you wish you had known when you were younger?
- What advice would you give to a young person just starting out in life?
- What did your parents teach you about money and finances?
- Do you have any regrets in life? If so, what are they?
- What do you think is the key to a happy and fulfilling life?
- What are your thoughts on aging and growing old?
- Do you have any wisdom or advice to share on living a meaningful life?
- How have your priorities changed since becoming an adult?
- Has your relationship with your parents changed since you became an adult? If so, how?
YouTube Q and A Questions
Those who are successful on YouTube have one thing in common: They are great at engaging with their viewers.
If you can make your viewers feel like they are a part of your channel, they will be more likely to stick around and keep watching. So, don’t be afraid to get personal with them and let them know who you are as a person. The more connected people feel to you, the more likely they are to become loyal fans.
These YouTube Q and A questions should help you get started:
- How did you get interested in YouTube?
- What type of videos do you enjoy making the most?
- What was your first YouTube video about?
- Who is your favorite YouTuber and why?
- How long have you been making videos?
- How do you come up with video ideas?
- What has been your most challenging video to make?
- What was the reaction to your most popular video?
- Are there any topics that you would never make a video about?
- Can you offer any advice to someone who is interested in making YouTube videos?
- What do you think is the key to having a successful YouTube channel?
- In what ways has YouTube changed your life?
- What are your plans for the future of your YouTube channel?
- Do you have any other hobbies or interests outside of YouTube?
- Who are some of your favorite people to collaborate with on YouTube?
- What would be your dream collaboration for a video?
- What is one thing you wish more people knew about you and your channel?
- Do you have any interesting stories or moments from your time on YouTube that you would like to share?
- What are some of the biggest lessons you’ve learned from making YouTube videos?
- Is there anything else you would like to share about your experience with making YouTube videos?
Instagram Q and A Questions
Instagram users share photos and videos that feature snippets of their lives, making it the perfect platform for Q and A sessions.
These Instagram Q and A questions can help create great content for your social media followers.
- Do you have any advice for someone who is struggling with self-esteem issues?
- What are your thoughts on staying positive in difficult times?
- How do you deal with feeling like you’re not good enough?
- What are some things that make you feel the most confident?
- What’s something that you used to struggle with but have since overcome?
- In what ways do you feel most supported by your friends and family?
- What would be your number one piece of advice for someone struggling with their mental health?
- Has there been a time when you’ve felt like giving up? If so, how did you push through?
- What’s something positive that’s come out of your struggles?
- What’s one way that you like to express yourself creatively?
- Do you have any tips for staying mindful and in the moment?
- What are some things that help you relax and de-stress?
- What are your thoughts on self-care? Do you think it’s important? Why or why not?
- Is there anything about your life that you would like to change? If so, what is it?
- What do you find most challenging about growing up?
- Do you have any fears or worries about the future? If so, what are they?
- What has been your best experience of growing up so far?
- Do you have any role models you look up to?
- Would you consider yourself a role model?
- If you could give any advice to your younger self, what would it be?
- What do you think is the biggest challenge that young people face today? Why?
- What advice would you give to someone looking for their passion in life?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
Funny Q and A Questions
Funny questions are a great way to lighten the mood and break the ice. They can also be a fun way to get to know someone better. Here are some funny Q and A questions that will have you laughing out loud.
- Who do you think would win in a fight: Batman or Superman?
- What are your thoughts on the Loch Ness Monster?
- What is your spirit animal?
- If you were a mythical creature, what kind of animal would you be?
- If you’re stranded on an island, what 5 objects couldn’t you live without?
- What would you do if aliens landed on Earth?
- What would you find in your backpack if I opened it right now?
- What is the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?
- If you could be any kitchen utensil, what would you be?
- Would you rather fight one horse-sized duck or 100 duck-sized horses?
- What are the best pizza topping combinations?
- What is the best instant ramen flavor?
- If you had to eat one type of food for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
- What is something that you’re really bad at?
- What is your favorite emoji?
Create Engaging Conversations With Q and A Questions
Q and A questions provide a great opportunity to get to know someone better by learning more about their thoughts, experiences, and viewpoints. They can also be a fun way to start a conversation or keep it going.
Q and A questions can also be used for interviews, blog posts, or other content. Have fun with them and see where the conversation takes you!